S.B. No. 434
relating to the establishment of a task force to address the relationship between domestic violence and child abuse and neglect.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
Chapter 531, Government Code, is amended by adding Subchapter W to read as follows:
TASK FORCE TO ADDRESS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT
In this subchapter:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Family and Protective Services.
(2) “Task force” means the .fective Intervention in Domestic Violence & Child Maltreatment Cases: Guidelines for Policy and Practice”; and
(2) examine the key con cepts regarding child safety plans and decision making found in the 2009 edition of the American Bar Association ’s “Child Safety: A Guide for Judges and Attorneys.”
(c) The task force shall prepare a report that includes:
(1) a description of the activities of the task force;
(2) the findings and recommendations of the task force, including the proposed policy recommendations and guidelines required by Subsection (a)(2); and
(3) any legislation or other matter that the task force considers appropriate.
(d) Not later than September 1, 2012, the task force shall submit to the governor, the lieutenant governor, the speaker of the house of representatives, and the appropriate committees of the senate and the house of representatives the report required by Subsection (c).
Sec. 531.958. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT.
The commission shall provide reasonably necessary administrative and technical support for task force activities.
Sec.531.959. RULEMAKING ASSISTANCE
The department shall seek the assistance of the task force if the department proposes to adopt or amend a rule as the result of the work done by the task force.
Sec.531.960. APPLICABILITY OF ADVISORY COMMITTEE LAW.
Chapter 2110 does not apply to the task force.
Sec.531.961.ABOLITION OF TASK FORCE; EXPIRATION OF SUBCHAPTER.
The task force is abolished and this subchapter expires September 1, 2013.
As soon as practicable after the effective date of this Act, the appropriate persons shall appoint the members of the Task Force to Address the Relationship Between Domestic Violence and Child Abuse and Neglect created by this Act.
This Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution.
If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2011.
___________________ President of the Senate
__________________Speaker of the House
I hereby certify that S.B. No. 434 passed the Senate on April 20, 2011, by the following vote:
Yeas 31, 0 Nays.
______________________________ Secretary of the Senate
I hereby certify that S.B. No. 434 passed the House on May 19, 2011 following vote:
Yeas 148, Nays 0 , one present not voting.
Chief Clerk of the House Approved: ______________________________
Fair Use and Legal Disclaimer
Author of this blog, Dedicated to the Real Mommies and Daddies of the Real America, and our Children who Want to Come Home, and Especially to My Little Julian, is not a lawyer, attorney, or legal practitioner, therefore, no information contained herein this post and/or blog could be (mis)construed as “legal advice.” Anyone who exercises he/r rights, and private property sometimes called “child” for deceptive, possibly malicious or retaliatory, and profiteering/privateering and in the “best interests” . . . of the “state” Texas General and other Funds at one’s own peril, risk, and/ or self-fulfillment. The choice is yours.”
(1) This post is made in GOOD FAITH and for deterrent purposes against child abusers, alleged child abusers, and those who would maternally alienate fit, loving mothers and children from one another.
(2) Content in this post is protected by Julian’s Real Mummy’s First Amendment ( Amendment I) herein claimed rights as a natural-born American, “sovereign,” “elect” citizen pursuant to the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution and Bill of Rights made applicable to the states via ratification and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Federal, US Constitution and incorporated Bill of Rights, under the freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom to peaceably assemble, and freedom to speech.
(3) All content in this post is also protected pursuant to the Federal statute 17 U.S.C., section 107 (“Fair Use”) as this content is solely intended for general knowledge, academic research, and/or entertainment purposes.
(4) If anyone should desire, require, or demand a retraction or modification in part or in full, you must contact the author of this blog for fair notice to correct, pursuant to reasonable and lawfully obtained evidence supported by all legal and factual bases for your desire, demand, and/or requirement/demand, then contact Author of this blog immediately as fair notice and due diligence requires so that Author shall act lawfully and reasonably with expedience pursuant to any supplemental knowledge.