MOTHER FORCED TO SEEK PROTECTIVE ORDER AGAINST BRAZORIA COUNTY CPS IN TEXAS
Click on the link below to watch.
Child Protective Services is being ordered to stay away from a child, due to what happened to the girl while she was in the agency’s custody.
KHOU Staff, KHOU.com 10:21 p.m. CDT September 28, 2011
HOUSTON Child Protective Services is being ordered to stay away from a child, due to what happened to the girl while she was in the agency s custody.
Jaime Brown, the girl s mother, said it s been a long fight.
I felt very helpless. Very helpless, and very alone, she said.
Brown s daughter was taken from her by Child Protective Services in July of 2009, because of allegations of neglect.
Brown claims it is all a big mix-up.
I was horrified. I did not know what was happening. I wanted to help her and I couldn’t, she said.
After 18 months in a CPS overseen group home 14-year-old Christianne ran.
The case worker called (her) mom and said she ran away, but you find her, you can keep her, said Julie Ketterman, the Brown s attorney.
That is exactly what her mother did. After Brown found her daughter and made sure that she was safe, her attorney went to court turning the tables on CPS asking for a protective order against Child Protective Services, because of what allegedly happened when Christianne was in CPS’s care.
She was beat up quite a bit. There was the running away. She has braces and the wires were literally falling off of her teeth, Ketterman said.
In August of this year the Brazoria County court ruled in her favor granting a protective order saying:
(CPS) engaged in conduct constituting family violence and good cause exists for issuance of a protective order…in best interest of the child.
It is a one-page ruling with big potential impact.
It could snowball, said Ketterman.
That is because if you apply CPS’s own rules when it comes to child placement, CPS may now have a problem.
If there is a finding of child abuse or neglect or family violence, then you no longer qualify to have a child placed, said Ketterman.
Now it is the agency itself that now has this finding of abuse. A hearing in Brazoria County could make the order against CPS permanent for two years. We contacted CPS and the agency told us simply that they would be answering the allegations in court.
Fair Use and Legal Disclaimer (PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED):
- CENSORSHIP WILL BE PROSECUTED AS IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE IN THE THIS REPUBLIC USA, THE LAWS TO WHICH YOU WILL BE HELD ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
- (1) This post is made in GOOD FAITH and for deterrent purposes against child abusers, alleged child abusers, and those who would maternally alienate fit, loving mothers and children from one another.
- (2) Content in this post is protected by Julian’s Real Mummy’s First Amendment herein claimed rights as a natural-born American, “sovereign,” “elect” citizen pursuant to the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution and incorporated Bill of Rights made applicable to the states via ratification and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Federal, US Constitution and incorporated Bill of Rights, under the freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom to peaceably assemble, and freedom to speech.
- (3) All content in this post is also protected pursuant to the Federal statute 17 U.S.C., section 107 (“Fair Use”) as this content is solely intended for general knowledge, academic research, and/or entertainment purposes.
- (4) If anyone should desire, require, or demand a retraction or modification in part or in full, you must contact the author of this blog for fair notice to correct, pursuant to reasonable and lawfully obtained evidence supported by all legal and factual bases for your desire, demand, and/or requirement for a full or partial retraction in a timely manner so that Author of this blog may respond expediently and lawfully.