“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” ~ Ephesians 6:12
Introduction: A good friend of mine told me an incredible story about how he was steeped in grief and anger about the injustice of his two children being kept away from him, and a homeless man passing by on his way to classes at college (free, but not for credit as he couldn’t afford them) gave him a wonderful booklet with the following prayer. Certain parts were unreadable in the media from which I was privileged enough to receive them, so a few lines may be missing from the originally intended text below.
The Spiritual Warfare Prayer (Ephesians 6, The Holy Bible)
You have completely forgiven me. You have adopted me into your family. You have assumed all responsibility for me. You have given me eternal life; You have given me the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ, so I am now justified. I am thankful that in Him you have made me complete, and that you have offered yourself to me to be your daily help and strength.
Heavenly Father, open my eyes that I might see how great You are and how complete your provision is for this day. I am thankful that the victory the Lord Jesus Christ won for me on the cross and in His resurrection has been given to me. I take my place with Him in the heavenlies and recognize by faith that all wicked spirits and Satan himself are under my feet. I declare, therefore, that Satan and his wicked are subject to me in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am thankful for the Armour You have provided. I put on the Girdle of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Sandals of Peace, and the Helmet of salvation. I lift up the Shield of Faith against all the fiery darts of the enemy; and I take in my hand the Sword of the Spirit, the word of God. I choose to use Your word against all the forces of evil in my life. I put on this armor and live and pray in complete dependence upon your blessed Holy Spirit.
I claim all that victory for my life today. I reject all the lies and accusations of Satan. I affirm that the Word of God is true, and I choose to live today in the lights of God’s word. I choose, Heavenly Father, to love in obedience to you and in fellowship with Yourself. Open my eyes and show me the areas of my life that do not please You. Work in me to cleanse me from all ground that would give Satan a foothold against me. I do in every way stand into all that it means to be your adopted Child and I welcome all the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
By faith and in dependence upon You, I put off fleshly works of the old man and stand into all the victory of the crucifixion where the Lord Jesus Christ provided cleansing from the old nature. I put on the new man and stand into all the victory of the resurrection and the provision he has made for me.
Therefore, today I put off all forms of selfishness and put on the new nature with its love. I put off all forms of fear and put on the new nature with its courage. I put off all forms of wickedness and put on the new nature with its strength. I put off all forms of lust and put on the new nature with its righteousness, purity, and honesty. I am trusting you to show me how to make this practical in my daily life.
I claim my place in Christ as victorious with him over all the enemies of my soul. Blessed Holy Spirit, I pray that you would fill me. Come into my life and break down every idol. I am thankful.
Fair Use and Legal Disclaimer (PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED):
- CENSORSHIP WILL BE PROSECUTED AS IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE IN THE THIS REPUBLIC USA, THE LAWS TO WHICH YOU WILL BE HELD ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
- (1) This post is made in GOOD FAITH and for deterrent purposes against child abusers, alleged child abusers, and those who would maternally alienate fit, loving mothers and children from one another.
- (2) Content in this post is protected by Julian’s Real Mummy’s First Amendment herein claimed rights as a natural-born American, “sovereign,” “elect” citizen pursuant to the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution and incorporated Bill of Rights made applicable to the states via ratification and application of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Federal, US Constitution and incorporated Bill of Rights, under the freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom to peaceably assemble, and freedom to speech.
- (3) All content in this post is also protected pursuant to the Federal statute 17 U.S.C., section 107 (“Fair Use”) as this content is solely intended for general knowledge, academic research, and/or entertainment purposes.
- (4) If anyone should desire, require, or demand a retraction or modification in part or in full, you must contact the author of this blog for fair notice to correct, pursuant to reasonable and lawfully obtained evidence supported by all legal and factual bases for your desire, demand, and/or requirement for a full or partial retraction in a timely manner so that Author of this blog may respond expediently and lawfully.